Inspired by Cameron Weiss’ dives into the Pacific Ocean and quests through the Sierra Nevada, this timeless piece defies the elements and withstands the test of time – trust us. Produced by hand with over 100 Swiss parts, it’s sure to become a trusted heirloom.
To us, staying true to our roots is key. And when we created the 38MM Standard Issue Field, we kept that in mind. We incorporated details like black oxide-treated hands, luminescent Super-Luminova paint that looks as clear in the dark as it does in the light, and naval brass dials for a luxurious-yet-artisanal finish. Hand-polished surgical grade 316L stainless steel and sapphire crystals add an elevated finish. The most popular pairing for our black dial is a durable, waterproof canvas strap that keeps things cool and comfortable.
Edition: Made in the USA with domestic and imported components
- Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1005 mechanical movement, 7001 base, finished and assembled by hand
- Functions: Manually wound, 21,600 beats/hour, 42 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 6, incabloc shock protection
- Case: 316L stainless steel, 38mm diameter (not including crown), 46.2mm lug to lug, 9.2mm thick (including crystal)
- Weight: 54 grams with strap
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316L stainless steel hex screws
- Dial: Hand-painted naval brass finished with high visibility numerals and Super-Luminova BGW9 applied to dials, except for Latte model
- Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint, Steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint (Blue), and Black oxide skeletonized hands (Latte)
- Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire with multi layer anti-reflective coating on the inside surface
- Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
- Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
- Band: Each timepiece comes with one hand-stitched strap of your choosing
- Edition: Made in the USA with domestic and imported components
- Warranty + Care
I own #0043 38mm standard issue and its on my wrist most days, its an high quality time piece from the LA days. Buy with confidence gentleman these are high end pieces.
I purchased this watch Nov 2021 and it’s been my most-worn watch since. I own several more expensive watches including grand seiko and omega and this gets most wrist time. I love it. You can feel the quality. Cameron is the real deal. It’s a field watch in every sense and has just become my go-to watch for day-to-day wear. The lugs are very straight and not short (not long either, 46mm lug to lug) so it wears true to 38mm if not closer to 39mm. The finishing on the ETA7001 is fantastic. Mine keeps as good of time as my aqua terra (may have gotten lucky but either way it’s about +2 sec/day). Highly recommend Weiss watches in general but this model in particular (navy blue dial) is my favorite. Thanks!
Beautiful piece… love that blue dial. Wow!
Love the watch. Only thing is watch those sharp edges. Scratch on my daughter's got me a scathing rebuke on daddy's pokie watch.
Would buy again. Great watch.
The pictures do not do this thing justice. Yes, other companies make "field watches" and yes other companies make mechanical movements but this thing is so pure. Went with the white dial and black horween shell cordovan strap. It is so clean and the sizing is perfect, especially with long-sleeve dress shirts. Of the many watches I own, this will likely be my go-to for more formal occasions.