Inspired by Cameron Weiss’ dives into the Pacific Ocean and quests through the Sierra Nevada, this timeless piece defies the elements and withstands the test of time – trust us. Produced by hand with over 100 Swiss parts, it’s sure to become a trusted heirloom.
To us, staying true to our roots is key. And when we created the 38MM Standard Issue Field, we kept that in mind. We incorporated details like black oxide-treated hands, luminescent Super-Luminova paint that looks as clear in the dark as it does in the light, and naval brass dials for a luxurious-yet-artisanal finish. Hand-polished surgical grade 316L stainless steel and sapphire crystals add an elevated finish. The most popular pairing for our black dial is a durable, waterproof canvas strap that keeps things cool and comfortable.
- Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1005 mechanical movement, 7001 base, finished and assembled by hand
- Functions: Manually wound, 21,600 beats/hour, 42 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 6, incabloc shock protection
- Case: 316L stainless steel, 38mm diameter (not including crown), 46.2mm lug to lug, 9.2mm thick (including crystal)
- Weight: 54 grams with strap
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316L stainless steel hex screws
- Dial: Hand-painted naval brass finished with high visibility numerals and Super-Luminova BGW9 applied to dials, except for Latte model
- Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint, Steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint (Blue), and Black oxide skeletonized hands (Latte)
- Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire with multi layer anti-reflective coating on the inside surface
- Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
- Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
- Band: Each timepiece comes with one hand-stitched strap of your choosing
- Warranty + Care
I've had this watch for a little over two-years now and it only becomes better with age. I have a few other watches, but this Weiss is by far the best. As I write this I'm in the field (Army) in the rain and still after this rough week I've not had to adjust the time because it's that accurate. Love it! Thinking about the automatic.
I have the navy blue version and it is beautiful. The attention to detail is shown in the finishing of the movement, the circular brushing on caseback, the high polish of the bezel and edges of caseback, and, favorite of all, the hands. It is so symmetric and proportionate. It is easy to wind and keeps great time. Very happy with this purchase.
I bought the 38 mm field watch (black face) about three years ago, and it has become the watch that I wear every day. I have several other watches with mechanical/automatic movements, but this is my favorite. I am a geologist, and I do a lot of field work in very rugged and remote areas; so I want a solid and accurate timepiece. The watch is well-made, keeps very good time, and the canvas band is able to withstand a lot of heat ... and sweat.
After 2 years wearing my green 38mm field watch I love even more than ever. Amazing quality and you can really feel the care and attention that went into the design and the build. You could easily spend 5x and not get a better watch.
Great value! So happy to add this watch to the collection!