Full Service (Year 3-5)
Complete Maintenance Service (Year 3-5):
After 3-5 years, the mechanical movement can begin to show decreasing accuracy. This is due to evaporation of lubrication in the movement gear train and escapement. The Complete Maintenance Service is a paid service that is recommended at this interval and is a comprehensive service that restores your timepiece to its best possible state. The Complete Maintenance Service and replacement parts are covered by a two-year warranty. This process, which takes 8-12 weeks to complete, includes:
- Separation of the movement from the case
- Separate hands and dial from movement
- Complete disassembly of movement
- Pre-cleaning of movement parts
- Inspect all parts of movement and repair or replace worn or damaged parts as required
- Ultrasonic cleaning of disassembled movement parts
- Assemble and lubricate movement to proper specifications
- Fit dial and hands to movement
- Test and regulate movement before casing up
- Complete disassembly of case parts
- Refinishing of case parts
- Ultrasonic cleaning of case parts
- Re-assemble case with all new gaskets and seals
- Mount movement in case
- Control movement functions and regulation of timing
- Complete case up and perform complete water resistance testing
- Final inspection quality control
This service is required for any timepieces with broken crystals, damage to the dial or case, and water damage.
Water Resistance Service (Year 1)
Water Resistance Service (Year 1):
A water resistance service is ideally performed every year, to ensure the proper function of your timepiece by checking and restoring water resistance and maintaining the integrity of the case parts and movement. This process, which takes 8-10 weeks to complete, includes:
- Perform complete water resistance testing
- Timepiece evaluation for additional service recommendations
- Optional disassembly of case parts
- Optional refinishing of case parts
- Optional ultrasonic cleaning of case parts
- Optional replacement of all gaskets and seals
- Optional control movement functions and regulation of timing
- Final inspection and quality control
Diagnostic Testing or Warranty Service
Diagnostic testing is to determine unknown issues or service under our warranty program. Please read our warranty policy thoroughly before sending your timepiece into us.
The watch is back on my wrist and functioning perfectly. Thank you for your expertise in fixing it for me.
Service and repair was covered by the warranty. Good communication and responded to all my emails. Glad to have this timepiece back om my wrist.
I bought my Weiss Watch (which is awesome and I wear it regularly) ) through Allen Edmonds, which offered a limited edition "Artisans of Freedom" version. The watch had stopped for some reason and Allen Edmonds would not return my inquiries about warranty repair. Regardless, I reached out to Weiss, and even though I didn't buy the watch direct from Weiss, they diagnosed the problem and repaired the watch at NO CHARGE. I truly appreciate the no charge because they said the watch had stopped due to an impact. I don't know what I did exactly, but I've learned certain activities (such as wearing while working at our ranch) may not be suitable. Anyway, I appreciate Weiss standing behind their product.
I don't know why my watch wouldn't wind, but Weiss took it back and made it work within a week. I'm very happy with my Weiss watch.
Super fast, really helpful, great communication, all around awesome