Redesigned with you and your lifestyle in mind, it features timelessly modern details like sapphires, hand-painted naval brass, and durable canvas straps. Hand-finished and assembled by hand, each fully mechanical movement is a manually wound Caliber 1001 that won’t miss a beat.
While the 42mm Standard Issue Field Watch is a tried-and-true staple, we wanted to take things up a notch. Think hand finished details like polished stainless steel, luxurious Sapphire crystals, and black oxide treated steel hands. But we didn’t stop there. We machined each dial with one solid piece of naval brass (yep – we went there), which we hand-painted for maximum legibility. Last but definitely not least, we added our staple hand-stitched straps for lightweight comfort. Done and done.
- Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1001 mechanical movement, 6497 base, finished and assembled by hand
- Functions: Manually wound, 18,000 beats/hour, 46 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 9, incabloc shock protection
- Case: 316L stainless steel, 42mm diameter (not including crown), 49.7mm lug to lug, 12.9mm thick (including crystal)
- Weight: 60 grams with strap
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316L stainless steel hex screws
- Dial: Hand-painted naval brass finished with high visibility numerals and Super-Luminova BGW9 applied to dials, except for Latte model
- Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint, Steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint (Blue), and Black oxide skeletonized hands (Latte)
- Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire with multi layer anti-reflective coating on the inside surface
- Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
- Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
- Band: Each timepiece comes with one hand-stitched strap of your choosing
- Warranty + Care
I got my field 42mm (#1003) almost 9 months back. Quality is there for sure, both materials and keeping up time is accurate. Concept is cool and i strongly believe their watch value can go crazy up in the future, although i did not buy it for this purpose at all. Unfortunately when i got mine, only white dial options were available. i would go for the dark blue for sure! I also engraved my name so it makes it even more cooler.
You guys, why you removed LOS ANGELES CA. from the dial?
... this has to be my first. I LOVE my 42mm white dial Standard Issue Field watch (#1064). It is beautiful and amazingly accurate. I am so impressed with the impeccable craftsmanship. It truly is remarkable. Don't hesitate, buy one and you will love it too.
Hello frome Denmark!
Just love this watch - it is simple, strong, timeless. Normally in Denmark we buy mechanical watches from Switzerland. When I saw this Weiss (42 mm. Latte dial), I really for the first time in my life felt connected with a watch. It is a great start in the morning - sitting with a cup of coffee and winding my watch. This watch will tell the story of my life!
Thank you for this timepiece!
My watch was a gift in 2015 and flies under the radar for its clean, attractive appearance and build quality that will likely outlive me :) The 42mm white dial is the backbone of my wardrobe and EDC. It keeps accurate time effortlessly and dresses up or down. I feel great knowing I'm supporting an American craftsman and his budding family in a true family business.
I’ve owned my standard issue field watch since 2017 and never had one issue with it. It’s kept excellent time and has stood up to the abuse of wearing it around a construction site. It’s truly a great watch and would recommend to anyone. The Weiss family are good people and provide a great product made here in the USA !