Redesigned with you and your lifestyle in mind, it features timelessly modern details like sapphires, hand-painted naval brass, and durable canvas straps. Hand-finished and assembled by hand, each fully mechanical movement is a manually wound Caliber 1001 that won’t miss a beat.
While the 42mm Standard Issue Field Watch is a tried-and-true staple, we wanted to take things up a notch. Think hand finished details like polished stainless steel, luxurious Sapphire crystals, and black oxide treated steel hands. But we didn’t stop there. We machined each dial with one solid piece of naval brass (yep – we went there), which we hand-painted for maximum legibility. Last but definitely not least, we added our staple hand-stitched straps for lightweight comfort. Done and done.
Edition: Made in the USA with domestic and imported components
- Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1001 mechanical movement, 6497 base, finished and assembled by hand
- Functions: Manually wound, 18,000 beats/hour, 46 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 9, incabloc shock protection
- Case: 316L stainless steel, 42mm diameter (not including crown), 49.7mm lug to lug, 12.9mm thick (including crystal)
- Weight: 60 grams with strap
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316L stainless steel hex screws
- Dial: Hand-painted naval brass finished with high visibility numerals and Super-Luminova BGW9 applied to dials, except for Latte model
- Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint, Steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint (Blue), and Black oxide skeletonized hands (Latte)
- Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire with multi layer anti-reflective coating on the inside surface
- Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
- Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
- Band: Each timepiece comes with one hand-stitched strap of your choosing
- Edition: Made in the USA with domestic and imported components
- Warranty + Care
The watch I ordered for my husband arrived when expected and is absolutely beautiful! I ordered the latte face, which is a wonderful color. I had the watch engraved to personalize the gift, and it came out beautifully. He loves it.
42mm Standard Issue Field Watch
I got my watch at Iconic Barney’s Department Store before it closed and I have not worn any other watch since!!
My Weiss is the BEST!!
Ordered two 42mm Standard Issue Field Watches for me and my adult son. Absolutely love the big face, clear numbers and rugged construction. The watch immediately became what we wear every day. I purchased the Latte watch but am already planning to get the white face so I can switch things up. The customer service at Weiss was also fantastic. Cannot say enough good things about Weiss.
Everyone has their own style of watch that may be a favorite or a certain niche for collecting. I personally love mechanical manual wound watches. This WEISS 42mm looks great on my 7.75 inch wrist and is super legible with the contrast of the white dial and black hour minute hands.
The ETA 6497 (and 6498) are my favorite ‘old school’ movements.
It is great to see Cameron Weiss making the movement parts in house, assembling and finishing in the USA.
I also purchased the Blue dial in the titanium. Another great watch.
The customer service was great and I feel really good about supporting a small business in the USA. 🇺🇸
Thank you ‘Team Weiss’ and I hope you keep making great watches for a very long time.