Redesigned with you and your lifestyle in mind, it features timelessly modern details like sapphires, hand-painted naval brass, and durable canvas straps. Hand-finished and assembled by hand, each fully mechanical movement is a manually wound Caliber 1001 that won’t miss a beat.
While the 42mm Standard Issue Field Watch is a tried-and-true staple, we wanted to take things up a notch. Think hand finished details like polished stainless steel, luxurious Sapphire crystals, and black oxide treated steel hands. But we didn’t stop there. We machined each dial with one solid piece of naval brass (yep – we went there), which we hand-painted for maximum legibility. Last but definitely not least, we added our staple hand-stitched straps for lightweight comfort. Done and done.
Edition: Made in the USA with domestic and imported components
Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1001 mechanical movement, 6497 base, finished and assembled by hand
- Functions: Manually wound, 18,000 beats/hour, 46 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 9, incabloc shock protection
- Case: 316L stainless steel, 42mm diameter (not including crown), 49.7mm lug to lug, 12.9mm thick (including crystal)
- Weight: 60 grams with strap
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316L stainless steel hex screws
- Dial: Hand-painted naval brass finished with high visibility numerals and Super-Luminova BGW9 applied to dials, except for Latte model
- Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint, Steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint (Blue), and Black oxide skeletonized hands (Latte)
- Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire with multi layer anti-reflective coating on the inside surface
- Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
- Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
- Band: Each timepiece comes with one hand-stitched strap of your choosing
- Edition: Made in the USA with domestic and imported components
- Warranty + Care
Everyone has their own style of watch that may be a favorite or a certain niche for collecting. I personally love mechanical manual wound watches. This WEISS 42mm looks great on my 7.75 inch wrist and is super legible with the contrast of the white dial and black hour minute hands.
The ETA 6497 (and 6498) are my favorite ‘old school’ movements.
It is great to see Cameron Weiss making the movement parts in house, assembling and finishing in the USA.
I also purchased the Blue dial in the titanium. Another great watch.
The customer service was great and I feel really good about supporting a small business in the USA. 🇺🇸
Thank you ‘Team Weiss’ and I hope you keep making great watches for a very long time.
Received my Weiss watch a couple months ago and have been wearing it every day. In a world full of smart watches, this was exactly what I was looking for. A quality timepiece with a simple, classy design. The Horween leather straps are top-notch too. Weiss’ customer service is fantastic!
I am now the proud owner of a Standard Issue 42mm Field Watch in blue. The watch is beautiful. It ticks quietly, it glows brightly in darkness and I can read it easily from any angle. I bought a leather strap which has fit snugly on my wrist from the moment I put it on. It's a unique, cool design from a small company with a great story. 6 stars.
In a word: timeless. I am an American Aviator: cargo pilot, air taxi pilot, charter pilot, airline pilot, test pilot. I wear a watch and I support American Made craftsmanship. Cameron’s 42mm standard issue field watch is art, aviation, function, history, and American Made manufacturing all subtly blended together. The wing / propeller design of the logo, the 9 o’clock placement of the sub-seconds dial, and the dark dial with white numerals are all nods to aviation wrist watch history. Camerons’s drive to bring back American watch making is achieved in his overall design and quality manufacturing in this watch. As a third generation pilot, I can say this is a pilot wrist watch my grandfather, father, or any generation after me would be proud to wear. Timeless. Well done Cameron and Whitney! From all four corners of The United States comes a watch you can be proud to wear. Thank you for all you did to create a simply beautifully rugged time piece that evokes what it means to be American!
Just received my new watch after returning from Christmas travel. What a beautiful timepiece! Exceeded my expectations. The fit, finish and craftmanship is phenomenal. Thank you Cameron!!!!!!