Inspired by Cameron Weiss’ dives into the Pacific Ocean and quests through the Sierra Nevadas, this timeless piece defies the elements and withstands the test of time – trust us. Produced by hand with over 100 Swiss parts, it’s sure to become a trusted heirloom.
To us, staying true to our roots is key. And when we created the 38MM Standard Issue Field, we kept that in mind. We incorporated details like black oxide-treated hands, luminescent Super-Luminova paint that looks as clear in the dark as it does in the light, and naval brass dials for a luxurious-yet-artisanal finish. Hand-polished surgical grade 316L stainless steel and sapphire crystals add an elevated finish. The most popular pairing for our black dial is a durable, waterproof canvas strap that keeps things cool and comfortable.
- Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1005 mechanical movement, 7001 base, finished and assembled by hand
- Functions: Manually wound, 21,600 beats/hour, 42 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 6, incabloc shock protection
- Case: 316L stainless steel, 38mm diameter (not including crown), 46.2mm lug to lug, 9.2mm thick (including crystal)
- Weight: 54 grams with strap
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316L stainless steel hex screws
- Dial: Hand-painted naval brass finished with high visibility numerals and Super-Luminova BGW9 applied to dials, except for Latte model
- Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint, Steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint (Blue), and Black oxide skeletonized hands (Latte)
- Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire with multi layer anti-reflective coating on the inside surface
- Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
- Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
- Band: Each timepiece comes with one hand-stitched strap of your choosing
- Warranty + Care
Attractive watch,appreciate the size of 38 mm and nicely thin so as to make watch practical while actually doing things. I have the blue dial version which is a nice color hue with matching blue cordovan strap- while quite spendy the strap is one of the nicest straps I have.
I could not be happier with my purchase. Simple, clean, elegant, old-fashioned, and modern at the same time, this watch is truly a sight to behold. It would have been nice if there were a simple one-page instruction sheet included in the package, but their top-notch customer services covered any questions I had.
Thank you, Weiss Watch Company, for the brilliant time-piece.
My husband loves his watch! He loves the details and that is American-made! I highly recommend purchasing from Weiss Watch Company! Excellent customer service and professionalism. Mrs. Whitney was very helpful with the shipping process.
38mm Standard Issue Field Watch
Love this latte colored dial 38mm watch. I ordered it with the blue strap and the combo is amazing. It has quickly become one of my favorite watches and I love the story and idea of this American made piece of functional art.