Inspired by Cameron Weiss’ dives into the Pacific Ocean and quests through the Sierra Nevadas, this timeless piece defies the elements and withstands the test of time – trust us. Produced by hand with over 100 Swiss parts, it’s sure to become a trusted heirloom.
To us, staying true to our roots is key. And when we created the 38MM Standard Issue Field, we kept that in mind. We incorporated details like black oxide-treated hands, luminescent Super-Luminova paint that looks as clear in the dark as it does in the light, and naval brass dials for a luxurious-yet-artisanal finish. Hand-polished surgical grade 316L stainless steel and sapphire crystals add an elevated finish. The most popular pairing for our black dial is a durable, waterproof canvas strap that keeps things cool and comfortable.
- Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1005 mechanical movement, 7001 base, finished and assembled by hand
- Functions: Manually wound, 21,600 beats/hour, 42 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 6, incabloc shock protection
- Case: 316L stainless steel, 38mm diameter (not including crown), 46.2mm lug to lug, 9.2mm thick (including crystal)
- Weight: 54 grams with strap
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316L stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316L stainless steel hex screws
- Dial: Hand-painted naval brass finished with high visibility numerals and Super-Luminova BGW9 applied to dials, except for Latte model
- Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint, Steel with white Super-Luminova BGW9 paint (Blue), and Black oxide skeletonized hands (Latte)
- Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire with multi layer anti-reflective coating on the inside surface
- Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
- Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
- Band: Each timepiece comes with one hand-stitched strap of your choosing
- Warranty + Care
I bought this watch around 2 years ago (white dial) and have zero regrets. COMFORT: This watch is so light that you barely notice it when it's on your wrist. I can wear it all day with no issue. STYLE: It has an amazing under the radar, elegant, yet tool watch appeal. A very nice balance indeed. I can pretty much wear it in any scenario without feeling uncomfortable but also feeling proud to be an owner. Purchasing additional straps adds variety. I've received many unsolicited compliments on it, even in watch stores. I've had two separate watch salespeople stop what they're talking about and say "Wow, what kind of watch is that?" The size (38mm) is perfect for my 6.75 inch wrist. ACCURACY/RELIABILITY: It keeps great time. I've never had an issue with inaccuracy. WINDING: My first manual wind watch. I love it. It winds like butter and the process is quite enjoyable and quick. Added bonus: because its manual wind, its thinner and slips under dress shirts with no issue. LEGIBILITY: The dial layout is beautiful but also highly useful. There are lots of watches out there that have beautiful and interesting dials but actually are not that great at telling you the time quickly and effortlessly. It's easy to get lost in the intricacies. This dial is so straightforward that I don't even have to think about what time it is. It pretty much registers in my mind instantly. Even so, I find myself looking down at it from time to time and smiling because it just has a very charming aesthetic. VALUE: This is totally worth the price. I feel it's underpriced actually. What a deal. OVERALL: Two thumbs up! Go get one and support/explore this company!
I bought this watch (engraved) as a gift for my husband to celebrate an important milestone. It’s an American-made, quality watch that could be dressed up or down. It looks amazing and he wears it every day.
Perfect size , keeps perfect time. I wish the standard issue canvas strap was 2 notches longer. The straps seem a but short.
I purchased a 38mm-blue (Los Angeles dial) a few years ago. Beautiful watch, but I gave it to my son last October. So, last Christmas I bought myself the 38mm-white (Nashville dial) for Christmas. Fantastic time piece. It probably gets about 95% of my wrist time and I have five watches. I highly recommend Weiss Watch Company.